Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic
Bow Island Health Centre
Emergency Medical Services
2012-11-20 Competition closes at 1600 hours
20 (7.75 hour ) shifts per 4 week cycle (days/on-call)
$31.64 - $41.65 per hour
The staff paramedic provides a variety of out-of-hospital and in-hospital services. Projecting a positive, caring image, he/she will provide the utmost in patient care, medical transportation, health promotion/injury prevention and hospital security services. The staff paramedic will provide these services under limited supervision, in accordance with designated medical control guidelines, Palliser Health Region policies and procedures, the Health Disciplines Act of Alberta and the Ambulance Services Act of Alberta
- Actively registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics (A.C.O.P.) as an EMT-Paramedic. EMT-P diploma from an A.C.O.P. accredited program.
- Demonstrated experience in an advanced life-support ground ambulance service. Demonstrated experience and/or training in aero-medical environments and operations.
- Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with a wide variety of people. Demonstrable problem solving and conflict resolution skills/training.
- Must be reliable, dependable and capable of working in an environment of continuing, progressive change. Computer skills required.
- Able to effectively prioritize and organize situations and activities ranging from urgent patient care issues to mundane office duties.
- Demonstrated ability to effecitvely provide an accept constructive feedback. Proven organizational, time management and sound decision making skills required.
- Proven ability to cope with stress and deadlines in an efficient and effective manner. Ability to safeguard Palliser Health Region information as private and confidential.
- Ability to be a solid listener who goes out of their way to explain and resolve any concerns or problems presented within the department with the understanding that every individual has a different personality. Ability to provide a positive and friendly approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Must successfully complete a prescribed, minimum physical abilities test. Ability to access and proficiently use Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Possesses 20/20 vision, with corrective lenses if necessary.
- Must posssess and maintain a valid Class 4, Alberta Driver's License (or higher class recognizing ambulance vehicle operations). Proven initiative and motivation required.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must provide a Drivers Abstract (issued within the past month) prior to first date of hire. Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).