Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Emergency Medical Responder - Non Ambulance Transport Van
514-2012 (Three Positions)
Brooks Health Centre
Emergency Medical Services
2012-11-22 Competition closes at 1600 hours
20 (12 hour) shifts per 6 week cycle (days)
$18.84 - $22.02 per hour
The Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) provides a variety of out-of-hospital, in-hospital and community health services. Projecting a positive, caring image, he/she will provide the utmost in patient care, medical transportation, health promotion/injury prevention and community-based healthcare. The EMR will provide these services under supervision, in accordance with designated medical control guidelines, Palliser Health Region policies and procedures, the Health Disciplines Act of Alberta and the Ambulance Services Act of Alberta. The EMR will be responsible foroperating a non-ambulance transport van to facilitate inter-facility transfers.
- Actively registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics (A.C.O.P.) as an EMR. EMR Certificate from an A.C.O.P. accredited program.
- Demonstrated experience in a ground ambulance service. Demonstrated experience and/or training in aero-medical environments and operations.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge and abilities with computer operations and "Windows" applications. Excellent, positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be reliable, dependable and capable of working in an environment of continuing, progressive change.
- Demonstrated skills/training in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Able to effectively prioritize and organize situations and activities ranging from urgent patient care issues to mundane office duties.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively provide and accept constructive feedback. Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
- Ability to safeguard Alberta Health Services information as private and confidential. Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Possesses 20/20 vision, with corrective lenses if necessary. Must successfully complete a prescribed, minimum physical ability test.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 4, Alberta Driver's License (or higher class recognizing ambulance vehicle operations). Obtains appropriate Driver's License within one month of date of hire.
- Obtains Airport Vehicle Operators Permit within one month of date of hire, if required.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must provide a Drivers Abstract (issued within the past month) prior to first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).