Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Temporary Part Time
Brooks Health Centre
2012-11-25 Competition closes at 1600 hours
8 (7.75 hour) shifts per 4 week cycle (days) (0.40 FTE)
$16.26 - $17.74 per hour
Performing a high standard of cleaning while carrying out each housekeeping task. The position involves health care housekeeping tasks including routine cleaning/disinfecting of horizontal, vertical faces, fixtures and furniture in public/patient and office areas. Respective duties include bed making, vacuuming, wet/dry mopping floors; damp wiping and polishing furniture; damp wiping mattress, beds, vents, lights, ledges and closets; disinfecting of bathroom fixtures, such as toilets, showers, sinks, bed rails, door knobs and garbage cans; replacing of cubicle curtains; scrubbing, stripping and finishing floors; cleaning exterior and interior windows; wall washing, shampooing rugs, furniture; cleaning equipment and other related duties.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent preferred.
- Previous hospital or institutional housekeeping experience preferred.
- Train on the job.Reliable, dependable and a pleasant attitude towards work. Able to organize and prioritize required duties.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Able to work independently or as a team member. Able to communicate effectively. Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement for the position.
- Ability to safeguard Aberta Health Services information as private and confidential.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently. Accept constructive criticism. Good interpersonal skills
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment
Until approx. Novemeber 26, 2013
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).