Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Brooks Health Centre
2012-12-03 Competition closes at 1600 hours
28(11.25 hour) shifts per 12 week cycle (days/nights)(0.67 FTE)
$24.44- $32.00 per hour
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) utilizes the nursing process as a member of, and in collaboration with, the inter-disciplinary team, in the delivery of consistent quality care to meet the needs of the patient/client through the life span. The LPN participates in the provision of health care to patients/clients by applying nursing knowledge, skills, and judgment to assess patient/client needs and providing nursing care for patients/clients.
- Current unrestricted registration with CLPNA required. Basic cardiac life support required. Patient transfer assessment an asset.
- Must gain and maintain work place specific compliances required for the program.3-5 years recent experience with acutely ill patients and palliative care patients preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner.
- Ability to integrate Code of Conduct into the position. Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect. Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
- Ability to safeguard Alberta Health Services information as private and confidential. Ability to follow and adhere to AHS policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication required. Demonstrated ability on the use of principles of time management and effective problem solving required.
- Knowledge of new concepts and trends in nursing specific to the clinical area. Demonstrated skills in conflict management. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Proven ability to teach/precept new staff members as required.
- Demonstrated technical and clinical skills in the care of acutely ill medical patients and palliative care patients.
- Yearly certification in BCLS, glucometer testing.
- Yearly inservice attendance at fire, disaster plan, lift and transfer, WHIMS. Certification in NRPS required and maintained. Certification in I.V. Maintenance.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).