Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Brooks Health Centre
Public Health Nursing
2012-11-22 Competition closes at 1600 hours
$23.08 - $28.07 per hour
Reporting to the Coordinator, Administrative Support, & Manager, Administrative Support -Public Health, this clerical position is responsible for performing general clerical duties as well as providing relief for receptionist and PHN assistant in their absence or when deemed necessary.
- Grade XII Diploma. Graduate of recognized diploma program in Secretarial Services/Office Technology and/or equivalent work experience.
- Courses in computer operation and application. Previous office experience would be an asset. Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with a wide variety of people.
- Proven organizational, time management and sound decision making skills required. Proven initiative and motivation required. Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
- Ability to safeguard Alberta Health Services information as private and confidential. Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Ability to be a solid listener who goes out of their way to explain and resolve any concerns or problems presented within the department with the understanding that every individual has a different personality.
- Flexible, reliable and dependable. Computer skills required. Ability to access and proficiently use Microsoft Word and Excel programs. Ability to learn and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to provide a positive and friendly approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and within a team, effectively managing his or her time and setting priorities when faced with multiple tasks and deadlines over a period of time.
- Demonstrable problem solving and conflict resolution skills/training. Proven ability to cope with stress and deadlines in an efficient and effective manner. Typing speed of 50-60 wpm.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public.
- Attention to detail required. Ability to operate a switchboard and standard office equipment.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).