Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Biomedical Equipment Technologist I
Biomedical Equipment Tech I
Capital Management, Technologist/Technician
Peter Lougheed Centre
(PLC) BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2014-05-21 Time: 23:59
Minimum: 32.58 per hour Maximum: 42.90 per hour
As a team member of the Department of Clinical Engineering the Biomedical Technologist I assists in the management of technology and support of clinically-applied devices. The Technologist I works under the direction of a Clinical Engineering manger or more senior technologists this includes working independently or as part of the clinical team, is responsible for performing assurance testing and support of medical devices, ensuring compliance to CSA, manufactures and accreditation specifications and standards. Responsibilities also include scheduling and managing of assigned workload.
- Graduate from a recognized Institute of Technology with a two year diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology, and/or equivalent qualifications in education and experience.
- Experience an asset; on-the-job training is required in addition to education.
- Eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET).
- Exhibit a working knowledge of medical terminology and physiology along with microprocessor and PC based equipment.
- Demonstrate technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; proven organizational skills.
- Must be reliable, alert, accurate, capable of working independently and possess good judgment and initiative.
- Travel outside the city or country will be required for equipment support training.
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).