Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Biomedical Technologist II
Biomedical Equipment Tech II
Regular Full Time
South Health Campus
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2013-05-01 Time: 23:59
Minimum: 35.29 per hour Maximum: 45.35 per hour
An exciting opportunity exists in AHS, Calgary Zone. The new South Health Campus (SHC) will be a full service hospital with areas continuing to open until late 2013, this hospital will provide new services to Calgary in high need areas including Women’s Health, NICU, Emergency, Surgery and Mental Health.
The SHC is more than just a “hospital”. It is a campus environment and will include inpatient, outpatient, and wellness services, as well as prevention and public health learning opportunities for the community. The campus will also include a YMCA and retail services.
The SHC has four key pillars of service: Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centered Care, and programmatic hiring. These pillars are guiding the development and delivery of service to all patients and families at SHC.
As a team member of the Department of Clinical Engineering the Biomedical Technologist II is responsible for the management of technology and support of clinically-applied devices. The technologist requires a comprehensive knowledge of clinical practices, procedures, and equipment types, and must be well versed in details of anatomy and physiology. The technologist working independently or as part of the clinical team, is responsible for performing assurance testing and support of complex medical devices, ensuring compliance to CSA, manufactures and accreditation specifications and standards. Responsibilities also include prioritization, scheduling and managing of assigned workload.
- Graduate from a recognized Institute of Technology with a two year diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology, and/or equivalent qualifications in education and experience.
- Must be eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET).
- Must be eligible for registration as a Certified Biomedical Engineering Technologist (CBET(c)) with The Canadian Board of Examiners for Biomedical Engineering Technologists and Technicians.
- Courses in medical equipment service and the technology utilized for patient care is an asset.
- 3 years experience in medical equipment technology coupled with several courses in equipment service, and exhibit a working knowledge of medical terminology and physiology.
- Experience supporting NICU and Labour & Delivery departments would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of microprocessor and PC based equipment, experience with computerized maintenance management software and medical diagnostic software.
- Demonstrate technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; proven organization skills.
- Must be reliable, alert accurate, capable of working independently and possess good judgment and initiative.
- Travel outside the city or country will be required for equipment support training.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).