Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Biomedical Technologist II
Biomedical Equipment Tech II
Rockyview General Hospital
(RGH) BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2014-05-16 Time: 23:59
Minimum: 35.29 per hour Maximum: 45.35 per hour
As a team member of the Department of Clinical Engineering the Biomedical Technologist II is responsible for the management of technology including technical support of highly complex medical equipment and clinical systems. The technologist requires a comprehensive knowledge of clinical practices, procedures, and equipment types, and must be well versed in details of anatomy and physiology. The technologist working independently or as part of the clinical team, is responsible for performing assurance testing and support of complex medical devices, ensuring compliance to CSA, manufactures and accreditation specifications and standards. Responsibilities also include prioritization, scheduling and managing of assigned workload.
- Graduate from a recognized Institute of Technology with a two year diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology, and/or equivalent qualifications in education and experience.
- Must be eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET).
- Must be eligible for registration as a Certified Biomedical Engineering Technologist (CBET(c)) with The Canadian Board of Examiners for Biomedical Engineering Technologists and Technicians.
- 3 years experience in medical equipment/technology support coupled with several courses in medical equipment service, and exhibit a working knowledge of medical terminology and physiology.
- Basic knowledge of microprocessor and PC based equipment, experience with computerized maintenance management software and medical diagnostic software.
- Demonstrate technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; proven organization skills.
- Must be reliable, alert accurate, capable of working independently and possess good judgment and initiative.
- Travel outside the city or country will be required for equipment support training.
- Must have a valid passport and driver license.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).