Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Business Intelligence (BI) Product Developer
IT Proc/Chng&Rel Mgmt Srv Lev3
Corporate - Information Technology
Regular Full Time
2012-12-21 Time: 23:59
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The BI Product Developer is an integral member of the BI development team that turns data into accessible and useful information for consumers to take action and make decisions. The BI Product Developer works within a dynamic team that is well versed in business intelligence and data warehousing. The BI Developer is responsible for the following outcomes:
• Working with clients and subject matter experts to determine business specifications; working with team and clients to complete full project and release delivery.
• Producing information flow diagrams and process documentation; determining required data sources and element definitions; collecting metadata; helping identify and connect business rules; and facilitating business question development and reporting requirements.
• Using BI tools to develop reusable objects (facts, attributes, metrics, filters, hierarchies etc) for information products including reports, documents, dashboards, scorecards, and self serve (self guided analysis) area with advanced presentation layers.
• Designing BI projects and schema and implements business rules and requirements into data models layered above an enterprise data warehouse.
• Planning, defining, developing and maintaining the BI Application and environments, e.g. web self serve.
• Designing, developing, testing and implementing new BI development releases as well as enhancements to existing releases. The new processes must adhere to standard practices and be maintainable and operational with minimal manual interference.
• Monitoring existing information products and services delivery including troubleshooting and resolving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
• Producing detailed system functional design and programming specifications that satisfy business requirements and development standards.
• Documenting newly developed and modified BI processes; keeping all technical documentation up to date.
• Contributing to Program development within a team setting.
• Applying project, change, and release management in a process and methodology oriented development environment.
• Working independently with minimal guidance to develop reliable province wide data warehousing and business intelligence applications and environments to assist with the delivery of information to support achievement of clinical and other programs’ operational processes and service activities as well as higher reporting and analytic needs.
• Resolving complex problems while working independently with minimal guidance by applying best practices and high level guidelines or policies.
• Taking a new perspective on existing information technology systems to find solutions to customer business needs.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with skills and abilities.
· Completed post-secondary degree related to information technology or management information systems with course work in database design database administration or development.
· 5 years business intelligence and data warehousing experience including liaising with business units and clients, information requirements gathering, BI project design, query and object creation (facts, metric, attributes, filters, etc), information quality projects, and technical tool administration.
· Hands-on data analysis experience with strong SQL skills. Experience with multiple data sets and subject areas is preferred.
· Expert in the analysis and design methodologies for full system development life cycle.
· Knowledge and working experience with multiple BI development and modeling tools.
· Must have solid understanding of relational and dimensional modeling and ability to navigate changing models, marts, and views.
· Troubleshooting experience with mixed UNIX/Windows server environments.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct analyses, design information products and services and effectively communicate results.
· Proven ability to successfully communicate and collaborate with colleagues and diverse business subject matter experts.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).