Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Community Health Nurse I
Community Health Nurse I
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
Shaganappi Comm Health Centre
HC SHAGANAPPI CHC
2014-05-23 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Minimum: 34.31 per hour Maximum: 45.03 per hour
The Community Health Nurse (CHN) empowers individuals, families and selected groups to facilitate healthy outcomes and contributes to improving overall health of the public by providing public health nursing services which include: health assessment, consultation and teaching appropriate to all development phases throughout the life span. The CHN works in collaboration with community partners and provides appropriate health promotion services including vaccination screening, referrals, follow-up, education, and client advocacy. The CHN fosters appropriate use of the health care system on behalf of clients and facilitates cooperation and coordination among the many health and social services agencies in the Public Health - Calgary Zone. The CHN also collects and reports client based data. This position requires involvement in nursing and other health research. The CHN recognizes potential critical situations and adapts techniques, approaches and procedures to the challenges inherent to the situation/setting. e.g. anaphylaxis, post partum depression (PPD) screening, emergency response, critical thinking, and clinical judgment. The CHN engages in independent, interdependent and dependant functions, combining judgment, action, responsibility and accountability to provide health care.
The CHN may be expected to be able to carry supplies up to 20 lbs for vaccine programs within the clinic setting as well as to off site locations. Extended periods of standing or sitting are required.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is preferred; however, skills and experience relevant to nursing practice in the community will be considered.
- Previous public health or community nursing experience an assets.
- Current experience with multi-cultural populations and demonstrated cultural competence preferred.
- Current Well Child Clinic experience an assets.
- Experience in assessment, consultation, and teaching preferred.
- Active registration with CARNA.
- Community Health Nursing Certification an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, and able to exercise independent nursing judgment.
- Evidence of active participation in professional and community activities a definite asset.
- Current BCLS-HCP certification required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).