Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Corporate - Contracting/Procurement & Supply Management, Corporate - Quality & Healthcare Improvement
Regular Full Time
(COM) COMM HEALTH SERV ADMIN
2012-11-22 Time: 23:59
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Senior VP, Population and Public Health (PPH), the Executive Associate is responsible for providing senior administrative management services to the SVP of PPH, the PPH Division and Alberta Health Services. This position manages and coordinates issues and leads administrative activities affecting the PPH division and AHS while building consistency and continuity within the PPH Division and with other portfolios. The Executive Associate will work to support, strengthen and harmonize the relationship between the SVP, PPH and the Senior Medical Officer of Health. Overall, the Executive Associate provides services in office management, issues management, division support, committee support, stakeholder and community liaison and executive support services to enhance the strength and effectiveness of the SVP PPH and the PPH Division.
Specifically, the Executive Associate:
1. provides the SVP PPH and PPH leads with an executive support perspective on matters, projects and issues with responsibility for the administration, coordination and management of the Office of the SVP. This includes building office supports, systems and processes directly and through subordinate positions to ensure effectiveness of the SVPs admin support functions.
2. provides PPH division support through administration, coordination and management of policies, programs and processes. Assists in the coordination and dissemination of information and enhances relationships and communications with key stakeholders. Fosters a high quality workplace with strong commitment to quality improvement and a population/public health focus.
3. provides effective administration, coordination and management of information and issues for the Office of the SVP PPH, the PPH Division and Alberta Health Services
4. provides support to PPH Division and Alberta Health Services committees as needed.
Salary/Benefits: This position is classified as a P3-1. Minimum $65,250.00 to maximum $98,000.00 annually.
A minimum of a university degree in health services admin, business admin or related area. A graduate degree is preferred. Equivalencies in education and experience will be considered. Ability to gain extensive knowledge of Alberta Health Services including strategic direction, operating requirements, policies and procedures. Several years related experience, preferably in a health service setting. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with members from other levels of expertise and with senior management. Demonstrated ability to work independently with a variety of different staffing groups. Excellent oral and written skills. Demonstrated proficiency in software applications, e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).