Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
2014-05-16 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
AHS offers a competitive compensation package
The HR Analyst works with a high degree of independence to provide a full range of educational information; analytical and investigative research to address a broad range of operational and strategic human resource issues for Stakeholders (HR Advisors, Managers, Senior Leadership and Employees), including approximately 4 Collective Agreement interpretations, analytical reporting, while being strategic and proactive. Situations will require HR Analysts to generate ideas and engage others in continuous quality improvement and processes. This requires extensive knowledge pertaining to all aspects of AHS – Calgary Zone as well as on a Provincial level.
This position communicates effectively and strategically while delivering various and at times complex information in a diplomatic and concise manner to all Stakeholders. Investigates and as required, engages HR Specialty Teams and Service areas for resolution of issues. This requires maintaining current and up to date knowledge pertaining to areas such as Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment, Compensation, Labour Relations and Position Management.
This position adheres to the Human Resources philosophy of “any door is the right door” by ensuring all clients and/or inquiries are resolved and/or seamlessly relayed to the appropriate HR Advisor.
All Management and Out Of Scope positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
A post secondary certificate or diploma in human resources, business administration or related area. Working towards CHRP or other recognized designation is preferred. Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
Previous experience in human resources role ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity is preferred (healthcare and/or union environment experience an asset).
A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
In addition, the incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services.
- Professionalism and the ability to respond to changing priorities in a busy, detailed orientated work environment.
- Experience with administrative policies, procedures and standards’ pertaining to staffing, recruitment, employee and labour relations is preferred.
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders to achieve goals within an organization and ideally managing within a unionized environment.
- Strong commitment to operating within a team environment and the ability to work with others to achieve common goals with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Human Resource Management Information Systems are essential.
- Flexibility to be able to move seamlessly through varied scenarios and competing priorities on a daily basis.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).