Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
IT Application Srvcs Level 3
Regular Full Time
CorpCalg.IT Operations SHC
2013-10-31 Time: 23:59
AHS offers a competitive compensation package
- Investigate, troubleshoot and manage technical issues within the Sunrise Acute Care (SAC) application.
- Escalate to and work with the vendor to identify and resolve incidents within the SAC application.
- Develop SQL Queries for a Microsoft SQL Server database (Sunrise Acute Care Application).
- Utilize the SCM Express Load Tool to promote configuration throughout various environments while adhering to strict change control within twice weekly change windows (4pm – 6pm, Tues and Thurs).
- Manipulate all types of configuration (i.e. Order Sets, Clinical Documents, Order Items, etc) within workbooks to perform mass edits via the Express Load tool.
- Provide general technical support and a resource for the SAC operational and various project teams.
- Aid in the management of SCM Environments as well as the individual databases therein.
- Development and support of custom applications for integration with SAC.
Incidents and Problems:
- Oversee SCM technical related incidents and problems.
- Refer/escalate incidents to other service areas as necessary.
- Collaborate with other service areas as needed to resolve incidents that require solutions from multiple components of the environment.
- Log incidents as required and keep online records up-to-date.
- Collaborate on problem investigations designed to identify root causes and recommend solutions.
Problem/Change Tracking and Assessment:
- Monitor and assess (through discussions with vendors, clients and other staff) requests for changes to SCM.
- Log problems and change requests (defects and enhancements) as required. This will include gathering, documenting and logging necessary information such as; the business impact or business driver for the change and the user group(s) and business process that will be affected.
- Oversee SCM load-related changes and change requests.
- Perform Operation development; configuration changes in SCM. Common Maintenance items that are included in Operation Development include new locations/beds, new units, workstation setup, printer configuration, report scheduling, and fixing defects caused by configuration settings in the applications or by the e*Gate interface code.
- Replicate changes through the training and development databases as required.
- Develop and test any changes in the QA environments for SCM. A documented testing plan must be developed for each change.
Vendor Software Updates:
- Implement configuration changes, Implement Eclipsys Hot Fixes and Service Packs to resolve defects identified in the SCM product. The impact of applying hot fixes must be assessed carefully to fully understand the impact to data, display, functionality, reporting, statistics and business functionality.
- Apply application level changes, including both Service Packs and Hot Fixes, to all necessary components of the environment. For example, if a Service Pack is applied to the Development environment, the change would impact all databases in the environment (Model, Phase 1 support and Phase 2 development databases).
- Test application updates from SCM; develop the test cases and execute the testing.
- Communicate with other IT support areas (e.g. Projects, Solution Center, and Clinical teams) during the planning and development of changes to ensure effective implementation.
- Work closely with client support teams (e.g. Training, Client Support Analysts) to ensure that the impact of changes to business process from changes in the applications is minimized and communicated to clients effectively.
- Provide documentation and on-call resolution process/guidelines to the PCIS Level 3 team.
- SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Strong stored procedures developing skills using MS T-SQL required for business logic.
- Crystal Reports skills for understanding the current SCM reports for upgrading from Crystal to MSRS (Microsoft Report Service).
- MSRS (MS Reporting Service) for customizing, developing new and rewriting reports using MSRS.
- ASP.net Web Form Development.
- XML web service development.
- Windows Form development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- SCM application knowledge.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with skills and abilities.
All Management and Out Of Scope positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
• Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in information technology, business or a health related field.
• Two to four years of information technology services experience.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).