Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Regular Full Time
South Health Campus
2013-05-28 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Minimum: 18.97 per hour Maximum: 21.78 per hour
The SHC is more than just a “hospital.” It is a campus environment and will include inpatient, outpatient, and wellness services, as well as prevention and public health learning opportunities for the community. The campus will also include a YMCA and retail services.
The SHC has four key pillars of service: Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centered Care, and Innovation. These pillars are guiding the development and delivery of service to all patients and families at SHC.
Within your cover letter indicate the reason you are applying to the South Health Campus and answer the following question: Thinking of your current job, skills and knowledge, what does full scope of practice mean for a Pharmacy Assistant?
Under the general supervision of a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician, performs various medication preparations and moderately complex clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures.
- Performs all ward stock functions.
- Transports pharmacy items between pharmacy, patient care areas and other departments.
- Picks up physicians’ orders from the nursing units.
- Packages and labels pharmaceuticals according to established procedures.
- Assists pharmacy technicians with non-sterile components of sterile pharmaceutical product preparation.
- Checks and fill wardstock, orders stock and receive pharmacy inventory and supplies according to established quotas and procedures.
- Monitors pharmacy inventory and supplies for outdated products.
- Charges and credits medications per established procedure.
- Prints and distributes reports from pharmacy computer system.
- Performs routine physical cleaning and maintenance on pharmacy equipment.
- Completes records and filing associated with all duties.
- Performs unit-based duties such as placing roster labels on patient bins and communicating unit-based issues to other pharmacy staff for resolution.
- Participates in hospital and/or departmental quality assurance/improvement activities to ensure standards are maintained.
- Assists in training and orientation of new employees, students and pharmacy residents.
- Maintains site-specific standards of performance, including achievement of mandatory internal certifications.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- Grade XII or equivalent required.
- Graduate of recognized pharmacy assistant program and/or Recent Retail or hospital pharmacy experience acceptable to the employer required.
- Experience with Windows-based computer applications required.
- Fluency in the English language (written and verbal).
- Typing skills required.
- Recent Knowledge of various office equipment, unit dose packaging equipment, pharmaceutical compounding equipment preferred.
- Word processing and pharmacy computer software preferred.
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Drug Formulary preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Displays professionalism, tact, courtesy, discretion and respects confidentiality.
- Must be accurate, reliable, precise, cooperative, self-motivated and able to demonstrate effective service attitude.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).