Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Public Health Inspector II
Public Health Inspector II
Health Promotion/Public Health
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2014-05-13 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 39.86 per hour Maximum: 52.97 per hour
The Public Health Inspector II/Environmental Health Officer II (PHIII/EHO II) is appointed as an executive officer under authority of the Public Health Act for the purpose of carrying out the Public Health Act and its attendant Regulations. The PHI II/EHO II has advanced technical expertise in the areas of public health epidemiology, environmental health science and engineering, and scientific research. In addition to having duties pertinent to the enforcement of the Public Health Act, the PHI II/EHO II assumes a position as a Zone Lead for the Food Net Canada Alberta Sentinel Project. This position is responsible for providing specialized technical advice and services in enteric and vector-borne diseases. Responsibilities include conducting continuous surveillance activities associated with the Food Net Canada mandate, data management, coordinating sample collection and leading case control or cohort follow-up studies.
- Certification from the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors.
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Health Sciences or a related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written skills are essential.
- Knowledge of enteric diseases and current issues in foodborne and waterborne infectious disease. Experience with
- Infectious Disease Programs is an asset.
- Experience with database management. Well-developed computer skills are essential and knowledge of the Hedgehog Inspector computer system would be an asset.
- Knowledge of planning and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and with flexibility in an innovative, complex environment.
- Experience managing people and or projects.
- A valid driver’s license is required for extensive travel throughout the region.
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors.
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).