Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Corporate - Information Technology
Regular Full Time
(CORP)IT Ambulatory Systems Tr
2012-11-20 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Alberta Health Services has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst reporting to the Test Manager of Ambulatory Care, Calgary. The successful candidate will be accountable for learning the quality assurance / quality control (QA/QC) methodology, working with the QA/QC processes and working with a dynamic, high performance team to ensure quality products for the business.
As a team member, you will be participating in the implementation of the Ambulatory Care modules in Calgary’s Alberta Health Services’ ambulatory care settings. You will be contributing in all aspects of the implementation including requirements analysis, development of key internal processes and guiding principles, application configuration, all test planning activities, activation and support.
You will demonstrate an accelerated ability to learn while contributing to all areas of the project implementation. As a part of the project team, your technical aptitude, analytical and creative problem solving skills will be utilized in a cooperative effort to implement Ambulatory applications. You will exhibit excellent verbal and written skills gathering and documenting current processes and requirements.
• Develop and implement test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure that all software products meet organization standards and end user requirements
• Identify, document, and track requirements and software defects encountered during testing
• Work closely with vendors to ensure defects are fixed and incorporated into product builds
• Work closely with business analysts and the business to ensure that the product(s) meet the expected level of quality defined by the business
• Work closely with project teams to implement QA/QC processes
• Propose appropriate and creative solutions to problems discovered during analysis and testing
• Perform risk analysis on systems and related defects to provide the business with information that will be used to make decisions about implementations
• Identify process improvement
• Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager Configuration courses
• Cerner Millennium Scheduler Configuration courses
• Experience with automated test tools is an asset
• Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma in Technology and/or Healthcare and/or Business Experience in the implementation of business processes and systems
• Health informatics experience
• Understanding of formal SDLC methodology
• Understanding of formal testing processes
• Advanced computing skills
• Formal and practical involvement in test process from requirements documentation to test script documentation and execution
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle several tasks efficiently
• Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent intuitive ability
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).