Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Recreational Therapist I - Forensic Adolescent Program
Recreational Therapist I
Sunridge Professional Bldg
(SUN)FORENSIC ADOLESCENT PROG
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2014-05-14 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 34.33 per hour Maximum: 45.70 per hour
Reporting to the Care Manager, this position involves working within a multi-disciplinary team to provide recreation therapy assessment and treatment services to adolescents in an outpatient forensic youth program. These services will be delivered both individually and in group format and will be community and family-focussed. The Recreation Therapist will ensure that his/her practice is evidence-based, client-centered and meets the Recreation Therapy clinical standards of practice.
- Bachelor degree in Recreation Therapy or equivalent.
- Professional membership with the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association required.
- Minimum three years of clinical RT experience with adolescents (and their families) who have mental health issues is required.
- Knowledge and experience using evidence-based RT measures and interventions is required.
- Active physical participation with clients is required.
- Knowledge of DSM diagnoses is an asset.
- Experience with program design for an adolescent population is an asset.
- Experience developing community partnerships is required.
- Experience with the recruitment, supervision and support of volunteers and casual staff is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team is required.
- Excellent consultation, communication and documentation skills required.
- Computer skills required, including the ability to work with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Current BCLS-HCP and NVCI certification required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation required.
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).