Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Psychology/Counselling/Social Work, Rehabilitation/Therapy
Temporary Part Time
Foothills Medical Centre
(FMC) ADD CTR SUB ABUSE
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2012-11-22 Time: 23:59
Minimum: 42.47 per hour Maximum: 56.50 per hour
The Therapy Specialist position is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the interdisciplinary team to ensure timely, comprehensive and coordinated care is provided to the mandated population of adults, adolescents and their families/significant others. The position is responsible for supporting the operations of the triage process, referral assignments, treatment and discharge processes and program evaluation activities.
· Collaborates with the Manager, Clinical Supervisor and Medical Director in maintaining practices that support clinical and evaluation service provision to patients experiencing concurrent disorder.
· Monitors waitlists and clinical and support staff workload and collaborates with the manager in making decisions regarding staff scheduling and allocation of resources across the program.
· Direct supervision of cases and caseloads including charting and record keeping practices; insuring adherence to professional and AHS standards of care.
· Involved in a major way with change and initiatives as mandated by AHS or the manager; collaborating with the manager regarding this clinic, including accreditation standards, provincial audit, and AIM.
· Provides opportunity for professional growth, either by directly arranging for presentations, or delegating that responsibility to others on the team. Facilitates learning opportunities and practicums for nursing and allied health professional students in conjunction with their respective practicum supervisors.
· Collaborates with other programs, within AHS or in the community.
· Addresses specific issues associated with problematic concerns as they occur, and bring forward to management issues arising from these concerns.
· Facilitates and supports team functioning in relation to daily operations.
· Participates in planning, program development and program evaluation of the program for efficiency, clinical outcomes and cost-effectiveness.
· Participates in research and committee work.
· Acts as an information resource concerning the program as a whole.
· Assists with and encourages the continuing review and evaluation of clinical practice and program effectiveness, adhering to Accreditation and Best practice Standards.
· Clinical work – carry a small caseload.
· Graduate of a recognized program with a Master’s degree in a relevant health related discipline or equivalent experience.
· Additional educational/clinical preparation in area of Addictions is an asset.
· Registration or immediate eligibility for registration with appropriate provincial licensing body.
· Advanced knowledge, skills and proficiency through recent intensive experience in the clinical practice specialty.
· Five years of direct recognized clinical experience in the area of concurrent disorders.
· Two years of clinical consultation and supervision experience required.
· Previous experience in providing mental health care in an outpatient/community setting.
· Demonstrated leadership, organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).