Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Unit Clerk- Endoscopy Suites
Regular Full Time
South Health Campus
SHC Endoscopy Spec D/N Care
2012-11-23 Time: 23:59
Minimum: 23.08 per hour Maximum: 28.07 per hour
An exciting opportunity exists in AHS, Calgary Zone. The South Health Campus (SHC) is expected to open in Summer 2012 with new areas continuing to open until late 2013. The SHC will be a full service hospital that will provide new service to Calgary in high need areas including Women's Health, NICU, Emergency, Surgery and Mental Health.
The SHC is more than just a "hospital". It is a campus environment and will include inpatient, outpatient, and wellness services, as well as prevention and public health learning opportunities for the community. The campus will also include a YMCA and retail services.
The SHC has four key pillars of service: Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centered Care, and Innovation. These pillars are guiding the development and delivery of service to all patients and families at SHC.
Working under general supervision, the Unit Clerk serves as the point of first contact to the GI Endoscopy Unit and GI Clinics.
The Unit Clerk plays a key role in helping to foster a team environment in the Unit by facilitating communication between nursing and other health disciplines, other hospital departments, patients and families and in maintaining confidentiality of patient information. This position performs a variety of general reception/clerical duties. These duties include:
1. Maintaining patient records and documents.
2. Performing admission, discharge and transfer functions in SCM and Clinibase
3. Coordinating and booking of patient appointments
4. Coordinating internal and external transportation of patients and equipment
5. Requisitions services from other departments
6. Answering telephone calls, the patient call bell system, and monitoring of unit and patient access
7. Faxing of information to related departments
8. Maintaing desk supplies and patient chart documents
9. Maintenance of payroll data (at the request of the Unit Manager/Manager) and liaison with staff scheduling
10. Participating in desk orientation for unit staff
11. Act as preceptor for Unit clerk students (at the request of Unit Manager/Manager
Grade 12 and Completion of an approved Unit Clerk Course
Clinibase and SCM Training Required
Cerner Millennium and Endopro experience Preferred
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).