Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Application Coordinator, eCLINICIAN EMR
IT Application Srvcs Level 3
Corporate - Information Technology
Regular Full Time
(CORP)IT Ambulatory Systems Tr
2012-11-28 Time: 23:59
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Within AHS, the role of Application Coordinator (AC) requires in-depth knowledge of the software, superior customer relationship skills, experience advising and directing business clients and has established relationships with the vendor, Epic. Depending upon the implementation, implementation scope may include one or all of the eCLINICIAN modules offered within AHS including Referrals Management, Enterprise Patient Scheduling, EMR and Physician/Patient Pay Billing.
The Application Coordinator reports to the Manager, eCLINICIAN EMR and is a member of an eCLINICIAN Implementation & Configuration Team. The Application Coordinator is responsible for the following outcomes:
• Working independently with minimal guidance to ensure reliable operations of the system to assist with the achievement of clinical programs’ operational processes and service activities.
• Resolves complex problems while working independently with minimal guidance by applying best practices and high level guidelines or policies.
• Takes a new perspective on existing information technology systems to find solutions to customer business needs.
• Leads projects with limited size, risk, complexity, potentially including responsibility for expenditure monitoring and cost control.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with skills and abilities.
• Prefer graduate of a recognised degree program in information technology, information sciences, or related discipline. Minimum educational requirement is diploma in information technology, information sciences, or related discipline.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a medium to large IS department.
• Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
• Previous experience in a functional leadership, deliverable coordinator, or project manager capacity an asset.
• Experience with EMR, Registration, Laboratory, Diagnostic Imaging, Pharmacy, and Billing Systems is preferred.
• Epic systems experience and/or training would be an asset.
• Certification in ITIL is preferred.
• In depth analytical, technical, skills in software technology.
• Must have strong cognitive, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong customer service commitment.
• Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to gain cooperation of a variety of stakeholders, including management, clinicians, physicians, and coworkers.
• Must have working knowledge of basic systems principles, theories and concepts and of the healthcare business.
• Must have experience transforming end user functional requirements into a workflow based software implementation.
• Ability to set and meet personal deadlines and adapt to changes in priority.
• Ability to work in a team environment; experience in coordinating teams.
• Ability to write technical and procedural documentation.
• Knowledge of established technology industry best practice relating to software applications.
• Must be willing to travel and have the ability and proper documentation to travel to the USA.
• Self motivated, with minimal supervision.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).