Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Counsellor (Tobacco Cessation - Health Link)
Counsellor I (AHE)
Temporary Full Time
Plaza 124 Building
EDM Hlth Link AB Tobacco Reduc
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2012-11-21 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Minimum: 29.23 per hour Maximum: 38.82 per hour
If you enjoy working independently in a fast paced call centre environment using a client centered approach to provide service over the phone, this position may be of interest to you. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Tobacco Cessation Counselor will ensure that the client receives appropriate information and support to enable him/her to decrease or refrain from the use of tobacco. Your solid knowledge of addictions, motivational interviewing techniques, Alberta Health Services systems, computer systems and their applications will enable you to meet the needs of the client. Your strong organizational skills and ability to problem solve will allow you to handle multiple tasks (data input, retrieving information, on phone with clients) in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have a university degree in counseling, social work or relevant discipline. Registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers or College of Alberta Psychologists preferred. Minimum two years experience with counseling clients is required. Experience with current computer applications and a minimum typing speed of 25 - 30 wpm is required. Experience with customer service and assisting people with Tobacco cessation/addictions or lifestyle changes is an asset.
Skill and abilities:
* Effective time management and organizational skills.
* The ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner.
* Goal oriented.
* Customer service focus and solution based approach to manage client needs.
* Well developed communication skills.
* Effective assessment, interviewing and counseling skills to determine needs of client.
* Confident, positive attitude.
* Caring, respectful manner.
* Ability to work in a discreet and confidential manner.
* Adaptability in a changing environment.
* Commitment to working in a team setting.
* Accurate data entry skills (minimum 25-30 wpm).
* Clear enunciation over the telephone.
* Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
* Well developed problem solving and critical thinking skills.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).