Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.

Donor Recipient Coord(2022.75)

204959
Donor Recipient Coord(2022.75)
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
Casual
Edmonton
U of A, Stollery Childrens Hos
UA-Heart/Heart Lung Progr-EDM
UNA
0
2012-11-17
2012-11-26  Time: 23:59
2012-12-03

7.75
As Per Rotation
Days
Minimum: 37.99 per hour Maximum: 49.38 per hour
The Recipient Heart / Lung Transplant Coordinator facilitates activities associated with the smooth passage of patients through the Transplant process from the initial assessment phase through to discharge and ongoing follow-up. This position is responsible for coordinating activities related to the care of individuals who are being assessed for and undergo transplantation. Patient care management is a major aspect of the Coordinator's role, encompassing approximately 70% of their time, and it can be divided into three major areas: preoperative, peri-operative and post discharge. The remaining 30% of the time is allotted to administrative functions which can be further broken down into: education / professional development, program development, patient related administration and research.
Registered Nurse in good standing with CARNA with strong clinical and recent acute / intensive care experience with heart / lung patients. BScN required, equivalent education and experience will be considered. Current BCLS-HCP Registration is required. Experience with heart / lung patients and thoracic transplant preferred.

Demonstrated clinical competence in assessment, care provision and planning. Knowledge of thoracic transplantation is required. Must be able to work in a strong vibrant team setting as a team player. Demonstrated strong interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to set priorities and to recognize and maintain confidential information. Computer skills (WORD, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.


AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.

Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!

All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).