Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Informatics Consultant - Learning Focus
IT Proc/Chng&Rel Mgmt Srv Lev3
Corporate - Information Technology
Regular Full Time
(CORP)IT Prg Governance&Proj D
2012-12-10 Time: 23:59
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Informatics Consultant in the IT, AHS Program Governance and IT Project Delivery, Transformation Services delivery portfolio is a professional position reporting to the TSS Practice Manager.
The position works with a high degree of independence and in concert with Manager, TSS Practice and Informatics Senior Consultants to develop, plan and execute on projects and/or programs that are moderate in scope. The position provides ongoing client support between individuals, departments, sites and programs. The position may contribute to a strategy for the coordination and delivery of educational tools/resources and lead and/or execute the implementation of assigned projects and programs. The position provides advice and direction to clients within its specialty function and scope.
The position will interpret client needs, assess requirements and identify solutions to non standard issues and requests. The position works to ensure Alberta Health Services values, goals and principles are implemented and integrated in the delivery of services to client groups.
The Informatics Consultant may have full-scope supervisory responsibility for professional and non-professional staff within a project team.
The position is also responsible for:
• Managing and executing on deliverables for one or more IT projects or initiatives that are small to medium in scope.
• Manage scope and deliverables (timelines) for TSS resources.
• Escalate politically sensitive issues, which may result in high impact to the organization, to the TSS Practice Manager or Senior Informatics Consultant.
• Takes initiative to drive better outcomes and to mitigate risk.
• Contribute to the development of tools, templates and standards.
• Requires demonstrated skills in at least one of the following 4 streams: organizational change management, including learning, benefits realization, business analysis and project management with demonstrated success within one or more projects.
• Analyzes business processes and recommends best practices.
• Establishes and maintains strong stakeholder relationships, at senior levels, across multiple and diverse health environments.
• Facilitates collaboration and knowledge sharing across the province with peers and with key stakeholders.
• Makes decisions within guidelines and policies.
• Promotes an information culture by encouraging and facilitating appropriate use of information and knowledge.
• Experience with developing organizational plans and strategies to ensure that information and information systems enable and are aligned with business goals.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with skills and abilities.
A minimum of bachelors degree in a health related area plus other recognized designations related to health informatics is preferred. A minimum of 5 years experience in one or more of the following: organizational change management includes learning, benefits realization, business analysis, and project management in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity is preferred (healthcare experience an asset). A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development. Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
In addition, the incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
• Knowledge of the client group / function supported and best practices for one or more of the following: organizational change management including learning, benefits realization, business analysis, and project management.
• Facilitation and/or coordination experience in project planning, execution, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience managing physical and human resources and related financial / statistical information.
• Significant experience in problem solving, concerns resolution, investigation, and negotiation.
• Team leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
• Experience in supervising and leading staff.
• Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to think systematically and critically.
• Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services.
• Ability to relay or explain complex issues or difficult situations. Skills in negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution are required.
• Ability to develop and facilitate presentations to convey information or transfer knowledge.
• Experience in coordinating projects or teams, complex data analysis and/or interpretation, evaluation methodologies, and developing formal reports.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate change.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).