Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
OR Technician - Orthopedic Surgery Center Surgical Suite
Nursing - Practical Nurse
Royal Alexandra Hospital
RA-Orthopedic Surgery Cent-EDM
2014-05-15 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 27.18 per hour Maximum: 35.62 per hour
As an ORT (Operating Room Technician) for Unit 210 Surgical Suite in the Orthopedic Surgery Centre (OSC) at the Royal Alexandra Hospital is responsible for providing peri-operative patient care for hip and knee arthroplasty patients. Using the nursing process, in accordance to CLPNA, the nurse will demonstrate competence in delivering safe, effective, and efficient care in both a scrub and a circulating role as an integral part of their surgical team. The Nurse is responsible to provide safe care throughout the patient stay in the surgical suite. The Nurse promotes the professional role and evaluates own professional education and clinical practice standards. The scope of practice is a continuum ranging from basic to advanced clinical nursing activities and the nurse will practice using evidence based measures and outcomes. The ORT is a patient advocate and provides a link between the Surgical Suite and the units. The Nurse draws on a unique body of nursing knowledge.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing Required
- Current CLPNA membership required
- Current BCLS-HCP certification required
- Completion of Peri-Operative course required
- Experience in an acute care Surgical Suite required
- Experience in an acute care Surgical Suite with Arthroplasty Hip and Knee surgeries preferred
- Pre-Op experience an asset
- Ability to perform consistently in a highly organized and rapid moving environment
- Ability to collaborate within the expectations of a integrated team
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills integrating critical thinking and good judgment
- Demonstrates communication skills promoting respect and team spirit
- Ability to stand scrubbed from many hours supporting the surgical team
- Basic computer skills required
- Current resume must be attached
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).