Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Paramedic (Metro Operations)
TFT - Temporary Full Time to on or before Feb 28, 2013
Emergency Medical Services
2012-11-16 Time: 23:59
Average of 84 hours per pay period (Days/Nights/Weekends)
$31.64 - $41.65 hourly as per HSAA Collective Agreement
Open to Public
Note: Terms and conditions of employment follow HSAA Paramedical Professional/Technical Employees Agreement. Paramedic graduates completing upcoming registration examination are encouraged to apply.
Alberta Health Services EMS requires Paramedics to provide advanced life support services in and around the City of Edmonton. As a healthcare professional, you will be a patient advocate who effectively communicates and interacts with community partners and allied professionals to ensure safe and proficient patient care and transportation. To fulfill your responsibilities you will safely operate emergency vehicles, respond to medical and traumatic emergencies and inter-facility transport requests while adhering to professional standards, medical control protocols, polices and directives. This job requires the ability to lift and move patients and equipment.
1. Resume with cover letter and the following documentation;
2. Original Drivers License Abstract with no more than five demerits (abstract must be dated within 6 months of the posting close date)
3. Copy of Alberta College of Paramedics registration card
4. Copy of Class 4 Alberta Operator`s License
5. Copy of Basic Life Support (BLS) - Healthcare Provider certification
6. Copy of International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification within expiry date
7. Copy of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Level certification within expiry date
8. Copy of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Education for the Pre-hospital Professional (PEPP) certification within expiry date or proof of registration in an upcoming course
The selection process will include interviews, background and reference checks. Applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search prior to any offer of employment.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).