Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Corporate - Quality & Healthcare Improvement
Temporary Full Time
Grey Nuns Community Hosp
PAT Acute Care Capacity Mgt Op
2012-11-23 Time: 23:59
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Provincial Access Team (PAT) is mandated with designing, developing and implementing service redesign across the province and within the Site/Zones to positively impact access to AHS services. The three core programs of work within the PAT are wait time measurement and management, closed loop referral management, and acute care capacity management.
The Acute Care Capacity Management program (ACCM) within the Provincial Access Team is specifically responsible for the development and implementation of a Provincial Discharge Model to meet the recommendations from the Health Quality Council of Alberta. The implementation of this model is currently one of the top priorities for the organization and will require the help of Site/Zone based Senior Project Managers to support the implementation at each site.
Implementation of a Provincial Discharge Model will consist of formal discharge pre-planning and discharge processes, and will enable AHS to:
a. Create a patient and family-centred process for patient care and discharge activities from discharge pre-planning to day-of-discharge activities.
b. Achieve a predictable, reliable, efficient delivery system for discharge 7 days a week.
c. Introduce intentional dialogue between the inpatient and receiving community care teams to improve clinical and operational flow of patients out of acute care and along the continuum.
d. Optimize inpatient length of stay.
e. Improve the ability to predict and manage site and zone level capacity (planned discharges) in real time.
The site-based Senior Project Manager is an expert in project, change and relationship management and is accountable to the Executive Director, Provincial Access Team and the zone VP/MD leadership.
Based at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital, the position is responsible for the development, implementation, integration, and adoption of change and transformation initiatives related to the Acute Care Capacity Management Program (ACCM). The Project Manager must have a passion for quality improvement, using data to drive process improvement and comfortable initiating and following up on quality improvement discussions with all levels of staff, administration and physicians.
The Senior ACCM Project Manager is responsible to:
· Manage projects for Site/Zone specific ACCM initiatives jointly established by the ACCM team and Site/Zone Senior leadership.
· Become oriented to the suite of ACCM issues, assessment tools, and resolution approaches.
· Identify Site/Zone based access best practice to inform provincial standards and strategies.
· Engage medical and operations leads to define Site/Zone specific implementation plans including key initiatives, timelines, governance etc. Stakeholders include Acute Care physicians, administration, nursing staff, allied health, and patients and family members.
· Interface with Quality, DIMR, and IT leads to support integrated approaches to improve access.
· Communicate standards, monitor progress, and develop risk mitigation strategies to keep ACCM related projects moving forward.
· Inform the development of implementation tool kits, communication strategies etc for the ACCM program.
Salary/Benefits: This position is classified as a P4-2. Minimum $ 80,000.00 to maximum $ 119,750.00 annually.
· Baccalaureate degree in health care profession, business, or related field.
· Graduate degree in business administration, adult education, health care profession, or related field preferred.
· A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive and related experience (a combination of relevant education and experience will be considered).
· Specialized expertise in Project Management methodologies.
· Knowledge and demonstrated application of systems thinking, change management, and leadership strategies.
· Experience leading large projects within a health care organization of significant size, complexity and diversity.
· Equally comfortable working and communicating with physicians (surgeons), nurses, clerical and executives (vice presidents, executive directors, directors), delivering difficult messages and working toward collaborative resolution.
· Has breadth of knowledge of healthcare and understands patient care dependencies with the work performed.
· Has specific knowledge of project and program management methodologies.
· Has a good knowledge of corporate culture and is able to assess any gaps against key organizational objectives.
· Has a solid understanding of change process and people implications. Is able to work effectively at the most senior levels of the organization.
· Interprets internal organization/external industry challenges and recommends best practices to improve processes or services.
· Broad experience in facilitation/coordination of project planning, execution, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
· Significant experience in problem solving, concerns resolution, investigation, and negotiation.
· Team leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
· Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders (physicians and physician office staff).
· Demonstrated ability to think systematically and critically.
· Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client-focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services.
· Ability to relay or explain complex issues or difficult situations. High level skills in negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution are required.
· Ability to develop and facilitate presentations to convey information or transfer knowledge.
· Experience in coordinating projects or teams.
· Motivated and adaptable team player with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).