Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Administrative/Clerical, Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy
Royal Alexandra Hospital
2014-05-08 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 21.47 per hour Maximum: 26.10 per hour
This position is for a full time Switchboard Operator for Strathcona Community Hospital. The Switchboard for STCH will be located in the Royal Alexandra Hospital Switchboard.
- Responsible for switchboard functions.
- Operates automated switchboard equipment to process internal and external calls.
- Utilizes overhead paging system for site announcements.
- Responds to trouble reports and audible alarms from fire panels, emergency code phone and switchboard and relays information to authorized personnel.
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent required.
- Working knowledge/recognized medical terminology course is preferred.
- Six months recent related Switchboard multi-line system experience in a large institution required.
- Recent experience in a hospital environment preferred.
- Knowledge of operation of computerized hospital information system preferred.
- Keyboarding experience required.
- Typing speed of 40 wpm required - Typing Test will be required.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Must be reliable and be able to work as part of an efficient, effective team.
- Must have proven problem solving skills and the ability to handle a variety of stressful and time sensitive situations in a calm and efficient manner.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills are required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).