Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Royal Alexandra Hospital
RA-Rehabilitation Serv Ge-EDM
2014-05-21 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Minimum: 22.42 per hour Maximum: 27.15 per hour
The successful candidate will work under the supervision and direction of the Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Recreation Therapist, and Speech Language Pathologist. He/She will be responsible for performing client rehabilitation treatment and intervention programs through individual and/or group delivery, lifting/transferring clients, client/staff education, ADL's, communication assistance, assisting in planning, implementing and evaluating the service.
The RAH rehabilitation department strives to provide excellent patient centered care through mentorship, ongoing education and the implementation of evidence base and best practice interventions.
- Two year diploma from a recognized Physiotherapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Speech Therapy Assistant or Recreation Therapy Assistant program is required.
- Experience working in one or more of the following: PT assistant, OT assistant, SLP assistant, Rec. T Assistant is required.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate good communication skills and an ability to work well independently, as well as a part of an acute care interdisciplinary team under flexible demands.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate good administrative and documentation skills, prioritizes and organizes daily work schedules in order to manage client caseload and service delivery responsibilities.
- Level C Heart and Stroke BCLS-HCP required.
- An excellent attendance record, reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment references.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).