Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Medical Radiation Tech I
Medical Radiation Tech I
Grande Prairie QE II Hsp/Mac
NZ QEII HOSP DI Radiogrphy11
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2014-05-22 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Minimum: 32.58 per hour Maximum: 42.90 per hour
Under general supervision, the Radiology Technologist prepares patients and operates radiographic equipment to produce diagnostic images as requisitioned by physicians, assists in specialized diagnostic imaging procedures such as angiography, fluoroscopy, mammography, and general radiography, and performs other related duties as required.
1.Produces and records radiographic diagnostic images as prescribed by physicians:
- Reviewing requisitions and patient history to identify physician’s requirements;
- Communicating with patients to verify identification and requisition, explain procedures, etc.;
- Setting and adjusting equipment and preparing patients;
- Operating radiographic equipment including mobile C-arm, and processing equipment, identifying and correcting any production problems
- Utilizing proper radiation safety precautions;
- Ensuring optimum quality of images.
2. Assists in specialized diagnostic imaging procedures:
- Preparing rooms and patients for procedure;
- Assisting Radiologists with specialized procedures;
- Operating equipment, processing films, etc. as assigned by a Senior Technologist;
- Operating mobile x-ray equipment on nursing units.
3. Performs other related duties as required, such as but not limited to:
- Maintaining examining rooms, including cleaning equipment, stocking supplies, etc.;
- Assisting in the reception and filing duties of the department;
- Taking call and working evenings and weekend shifts on a rotating basis;
- ECG exams if assigned;
- Assisting with the orientation and training of new personnel and students;
- Scope of practice to include general radiography, fluoroscopy, mammography, and angiography.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
The incumbent will be evaluated on the above with respect to the following:
- Excellence in the performance of technical functions.
- Evidence of ability to maintain positive relationships and communication links with all external clients.
- Ability to work in and support a team approach to the provision of service.
- Attention to details of the work environment.
- Member of Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists.
- Member of Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists
- Graduation from an approved radiology technology program.
- Experience as an MRT preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to analyze and interpret physicians requisitions, patient histories, etc. to produce optimal films for diagnosis.
- Ability to apply policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment efficiently and safely.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Evidence of care and understanding in communications with patients.
- Evidence of physical ability, coordination and dexterity to operate equipment and maneuver patients.
- Evidence of responsibility in dealing with confidential information.
- Evidence of thoroughness and attention to detail in performing tasks.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).