Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Food Services Worker
Food Service I
Grimshaw/Berwyn and District Community Health Complex
Patient Food Services
2012-11-22 Time: 23:59
Hours per Shift: 7.75 hours
Shifts per Cycle: 15 shifts
Length of Shift Cycle: 5 weeks
$16.26 - $17.74 per hour
*Remote Retention Allowance: In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Under the direction of the Cook I/Cook II/Food Service Supervisor, performs a variety of routine tasks associated with the service of patient and resident meals including processing patient/resident information, participating in the meal service, operating simple equipment involved in collecting, sanitizing and storing dishes/supplies and assisting in the preparation of simple menu items including the completion of partially prepared foods, reheating of prepared entrées and slicing/portioning.
Grade 10 or equivalent education and experience;
WHMIS training an asset;
Knowledge of verbal and written English, arithmetic and weights and measures;
Knowledge of safe food handling techniques an asset;
Previous institutional food service experience preferred.
• Organize work effectively;
• Work safely and follow area Occupational Health and Safety guidelines;
• Communicate effectively and work in a team setting with a variety of clients;
• Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
• Make simple mathematical calculations;
• Stand for extended periods, bend and walk frequently during shift and push meal carts;
• Operate small equipment such as coffee makers, dish washers, food processor, blender, steamers, combi-oven, juice dispenser, toaster, grinder, mixers, microwave oven, cash register and photocopier in a safe and effective manner, following guidelines.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via Fax: (780) 402-8104
All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources no later than midnight of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).