Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Nursing - Aide
Grimshaw Berwyn Community
NZ GRBR CC NU44 LTC
2014-05-12 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Minimum: 19.53 per hour Maximum: 23.74 per hour
Under direct supervision of a regulated healthcare professional, the Nursing Attendant works as a member of the interdisciplinary team, in Long Term Care facility setting. The Nursing Attendant participates in the delivery of quality individualized, client-centered care, based on assessed unmet needs of the resident. Responsibilities include proving direct care to assist in the activities of daily living, comfort and safety of the resident and providing indirect services to support the overall provision of care in their assigned area.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- Must be a graduate from a provincially recognized educational program for Health Care Aides.
- Must successfully complete a provincial recognized educational program for Health Care Aids within 18 months of starting employment.
- Previous experience with providing personal care.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by using good listening, respectful tone of voice, respectful body language, and by communicating information both verbally and in writing with patients/clients, families, visitors and team members.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of an interdisciplinary team and to request and accept direction as required.
- Demonstrate strong task specific organizational skills.
- Strong observation skills.
- Ability to provide behavioral, emotional and physical support to patients/client.
- Knowledge of computer applications an asset.
- Physical demands include walking, standing, bending and repetitive hand and arm movements.
- Ability to operate complicated equipment.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).