Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
NZ AREA2 C COM Social Serv
2014-05-21 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 21.47 per hour Maximum: 26.10 per hour
Working under the general supervision and guidance of the Public Health Manager, performs a variety of general reception, clerical and office duties to support Public Health programs. Must be able to communicate effectively with the public, clients, health care staff, physicians, nurses and other external providers. This position schedules, books and confirms appointments for clients. This position is responsible for the data entry functions and the public health records management system in the Health Centre.
- Grade 12 or equivalent required.
- Related business and computer courses.
- Two (2) – three (3) years related experience in a medical office or health care centre.
- Unit clerk training an asset.
- Computer skills including the use of the Internet and Windows.
- Accurate and proficient keyboarding skills (50 – 60 wpm).
- Demonstrated ability to work with fixed deadlines and cope with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and make independent decisions regarding data entry, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adhere to the rules regarding data entry protocol, patient confidentiality and record management.
- Detail oriented and ability to work toward being self directed in work-load management.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and oral.
- Ability to deal effectively with people in potentially confrontational circumstances.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients of varying ages, socioeconomic status and ethnic backgrounds.
- Maintains a professional image and demonstrated ability to remain calm, courteous, sensitive and tactful.
- Knowledge of Medi-Patient and vaccination schedules would be an asset.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).