Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Leduc Community Hospital
2014-05-20 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Minimum: 21.47 per hour Maximum: 26.10 per hour
Reporting to the Supervisor of Registration, Switchboard and Patient Information, the position ensures optimum service and attention to patients and/or customers. The incumbent is responsible to interview patients and/or their families either by telephone or in person to collect accurate patient demographic information for entry into a computerized registration system. The position also performs reception duties, receives and directs all incoming calls through the switchboard as well as patients and visitors in person. Also responsible for filling out and explaining various criteria on regional forms and completing processes with financial reconciliation and informing the appropriate stakeholders.
Performs other related duties as required.
- To qualify for this position, you will possess a high school diploma, will have computer keyboarding experience with a typing speed of 40 wpm and have successfully completed a medical terminology course; both will be demonstrated through a skills test.
- Must have the ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize tasks.
- You must also pay close attention to details achieving a high level of accuracy.
- Your communication and interpersonal skills enable you to conduct yourself in a service oriented manner that is attentive, pleasant, cooperative, sensitive and respectful when dealing with patients, visitors, the public and all employees either in person, over the phone or in writing.
- Must be able to recognize and maintain confidential information.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).