Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Laboratory Assistant I
Laboratory Assistant I
Leduc Community Hospital
2014-06-20 Time: 23:59
4 to 7.75
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 21.60 per hour Maximum: 25.91 per hour
The successful candidate will provide support to the laboratory by collecting and processing quality specimens for analysis. The primary responsibilities include phlebotomy for adults, children and infants using both macro and micro techniques, accessioning patient specimens, troubleshooting problem specimens, performing ECGs and reception duties.
- A grade twelve high school diploma is required.
- Graduation from a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant program which includes specimen handling and phlebotomy is required.
- Successful demonstration of laboratory skills and data entry is required.
- Competency with the Sunquest Laboratory Information System is preferred.
- Familiarity with Patient and Family Centered Care and NOD is preferred.
- Working within a team environment, good interpersonal skills, effective time management and the ability to set priorities is required.
- The successful candidate must be adaptable and flexible within an environment of change and interruptions.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to listen, comprehend and orally respond to or relay information, directions or questions in person, over the telephone or in writing in an accurate and clear concise manner.
- The successful candidate must represent Laboratory Services in a respectful, professional and courteous manner
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).