Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Chinook Regional Hospital
Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
2012-11-22 Time: 23:59
As soon as possible
6 hours/shift; 20 shifts/4 weeks; Monday thru Friday
The unit clerk position is essential to the smooth and efficient operation of the nursing unit. As initial contact person, the Unit Clerk works collaboratively with members of the team, departments and patients, to maintain a positive, effective and efficient work environment. . Under limited supervision the Unit Clerk is responsible for performing clerical and receptionist duties, scheduling, data collection and compiling of statistics and reports.
- Grade 12 Graduate or equivalency required.
- Recognized Post Secondary education ( Unit Clerk, Office Administration, Medical Office Assistant) or 2 years previous relevant experience.
- Recent experience as a unit clerk in multidisciplinary environment required.
- Proficient computer skills with experience in Meditech required and ORM preferred, and current demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Ability to perform accurate data collection, data base and spreadsheet management.
- Medical terminology Course required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, multi-task and work independently required.
- Effective decision making, organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy required .
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing and fluctuating workloads.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills, with the ability to work well within a team and effectively interact with all disciplines.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative.
- An excellent attendance record, with reliability and personal suitability demonstrated through employment references.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 388-6016
All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to midnight of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).