Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Manager - Adult Community Addiction and Mental Health
Medicine Hat, Bow Island, Oyen
(at or out of) Medicine Hat Provincial Building
Addiction and Mental Health
2012-11-23 Competition closes at 1600 hours
20 (7.75 hour) shifts per 4 week cycle (days)
This position is classified as a M2-1. Minimum 93,000 to Maximum 139,750 annually.
The Manager, Adult Community Addiction and Mental Health Services - Medicine Hat is a key leadership role in the South Zone Operations and reports directly to the Director, Addiction and Mental Health - East. This position is responsible and accountable for providing the direction, leadership and organization of four sites within Medicine Hat, Bow Island and Oyen. Key responsibilities of this position are to integrate the delivery of addiction and mental health services (including the Mental Health Crisis Team) within the geographic area to provide concurrent capable care. This position supports the implementation of the Provincial Strategic Addiction and Mental Health Plan. This position is responsible for the planning, development, commissioning and managing of the 18 bed Medicine Hat Residential Detox and Treatment Centre which has a targeted opening of Summer 2013. This facility is designed to deliver concurrent capable care. Development of contracts for components of care and support services will also be required. Addiction prevention, mental health promotion and community capacity building are also important components of this portfolio. The position is also responsible and accountable for making key decisions and having direct leadership responsibility for establishing and contributing to the achievement of the goals of the South Zone - Addiction and Mental Health. Results for this position are primarily achieved through the work of subordinates, but there are direct strategic plan, business plan and resource management responsibilities also included in this role.
- A minimum of a baccalaureate Degree, Masters Degree preferred.A minimum of 5 years in addiction & mental health, ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development. Progressive leadership experience in addiction & mental health, including 5 years experience in a management role in addiction & mental health.
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality service. Ability to develop systems and manage human, financial and physical resources.
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others. Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues
- Proven ability to foster partnerships and to achieve organizational goals within an organization and ideally managing within a unionized sector.Strong track record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Track record of executing strategy and delivering strategic results. Ability to lead, motivate and inspire people to perform exceptionally
- Proven track record of building, leading and participating in teams. History of brokering opportunities for innovation and collaboration
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage short and long term plans and projects and deliver customer-focused results.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire. Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).