Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Temporary Part Time
Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
2012-11-30 Competition closes at 1600 hours
18 hours per 1 week cycle (days)(0.49 FTE)
$16.26 - $17.74 per hour
Performs a range of cleaning and housekeeping duties and procedures to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Grade Twelve or Canadian Equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience in a large commercial organization is an asset. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
- Reliable and dependable. Ability to safeguard Alberta Health Services information as private and confidential.
- Ability to follow and adhere to AHS and departmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties. Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to operate various commercial equipment and demonstrate a mechanical aptitude as repairs commercial equipment. Working knowledge of industrial/commercial cleaning equipment.
- Accepts constructive criticism.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Projects a positive image.
- Continually promotes positive staff morale and effective working relationships.
- Ability to use a ladder/lift as required.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire. Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Until approx. March 3, 2013
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).