Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Food Service I
Temporary Part Time
Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
Nutrition & Food Services
2012-11-29 Competition closes at 1600 hours
22.95 hours per 5 week cycle (0.59 FTE)
$16.26 - $17.74 per hour
Reporting to the Supervisor or Cook I, the Food Service Worker performs, under limited supervision, a range of duties and procedures relating to the operation of food services; recycling and cleaning of serving/preparation items; participating in preparation and portioning of food items; delivering and serving food items; operating and cleaning equipment; handling cash transactions; catering; maintaining inventory; and interacting with patients, customers, Clinical Nutrition staff and other AHS staff.
- Grade 12 graduate preferred. Food Safe Certification preferred. Food Service courses preferred.
- WHMIS and dangerous goods certification preferred. Two (2) years experience in hospital or large institutional kitchen preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with a variety of people.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
- Flexible, honest and reliable.
- Ability to safeguard AHS information as private and confidential.
- Ability to follow and adhere to AHS policies, procedures, goals, objectives and other established standards.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, and within a team, and to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks within given deadlines, and manage stress, in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to receive and learn from constructive criticism.
- Ability to promote and maintain good staff morale and contribute to pleasant, cooperative working relationships with staff.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Until approx. March 11, 2013
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).