Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Human Resources Assistant
Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
2012-11-30 Competition closes at 1600 hours
To be determined
10 (7.75 hour) shfits per 2 week cycle (days)
Career stream T2. Minimum $42,000 to Maximum $58,000 anually. This position is open to qualified AHS employees only
The Human Resources Assistant performs a variety of activities within the HR Client Services (HRCS) Portfolio related to on boarding and compliance processes (criminal record checks, work permits, etc.), license renewal, employee recognition, performance appraisals, compensation and other human resource functions as required. The Assistant performs a coordination function, gathers information or documents, records and tracks information and follows up with clients on missing items. The Assistant will also perform administrative duties such as the preparation of spreadsheets and reporting of information, as well meeting scheduling, room logistics and minute taking. The Assistant works under the direction of the Senior Advisor or Manager and will take functional direction from HR Advisors and HR Analysts working on specific projects.
This position is opened to qualified AHS employees only
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in Human Resources, Office Administration or Recruitment
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered
- 1-2 years experience in a human resources, office administration or recruitment role, preferably in a unionized healthcare setting desired
- Experience with administrative policies, procedures and standards pertaining to staffing, recruitment, classification, employee and labour relations desired Experience in an automated Human Resources Information System
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated advanced competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to develop forms, reports, and standardized correspondence using automated office systems.
- Ability to organize own work to meet pre-established deadlines and to accommodate the schedules of those served.
- Ability to maintain a variety of records and control systems. Ability to function independently in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with HRMS systems.
- Strong track record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail in performing all tasks. Professional approach in dealing with people
- Flexibility, creativity, and initiative/judgment to identify and adapt standard documentation/ processes to individual situations.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).