Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Temporary Part Time
Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
2012-12-03 Competition closes at 1600 hours
48 (7.75 hour) shifts per 12 week cycle (days/on-call)
As per UNA Collective Agreement
Under limited supervision of the Manager and Charge Nurse: assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of patient care as outlined by AHS policies, professional association standards and ORNAC standards, and will competently and effectively be able to assume the role of team leader or charge nurse.
- Current registration with CARNA required. Basic Cardiac Life Support required. Patient transfer assessment preferred. BScN or BN preferred.
- Current certification in Advanced Life Support preferred. Certification or successful completion of perioperative course preferred.
- 3-5 years of PARU clinical experience required. 3-5 years of recent, relevant perioperative clinical experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and adept communication style to meet the needs of patients/clients and to communicate with physicians in a concise and accurate manner.
- Reliable and dependable. Ability to safeguard AHS information as private and confidential.
- Assessment skills to recognize and respond appropriately to patient/client change in status.
- Proven ability to anticipate and respond to critical situations.
- Work effectively in a team environment. Balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities.
- Teaching and mentoring skills desired. Ability to follow and adhere to AHS policies and procedures, goals and objectives.
- Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to assess own educational needs regarding knowledge and skill development and to participate in the appropriate educational opportunities.
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication required.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of principles of time management and effective problem solving required.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management.
- Basic computer skills preferred. Proven technical and clinical skill.
- Ability to interpret 3 lead ECG. Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve the immediate complications of anesthesia in PARU.
- Flexibility to function in multiple perioperative and PARU situations.
- Proven ability to mentor/precept new staff members as required.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Section Search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Until approx. December 1, 2013
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).