Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Temporary Part Time
Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
Supply, Processing, & Distribution
2012-11-21 Competition closes at 1600 hours
10 (7.75 hour) shifts per 4 week cycle (days/evenings) (0.50 FTE)
$20.83 - $23.74
The Surgical Processor, under minimal supervision and following infection control and safety protocols, performs a series of detailed duties related to decontamination, sterilization and distribution of supplies including record keeping and prioritization of work activities. The increased responsibility in the operation of sterilization equipment and the greater knowledge required in sterilization techniques and surgical instrument handling and wrapping.
Certification in Central Processing required. Grade 12 or Canadian equivalent required. Basic Medical Terminology preferred. Basic Computer Literacy preferred.
Must be willing to attend educational courses related to work duties. Depending on familiarity with position in the MHRH SPD department, 3-10 years preferred.
- Have worked a minimum of 2 continuous years in a Hospital Supply, Processing and Distribution or Central Sterilization department within the last 4 years.
- A Surgical Processor must have a strong knowledge of the different methods of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization. Must have knowledge of medical / surgical supplies.
- Must be service orientated and pay meticulous attention to detail. Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with a wide variety of people. Initiative and motivation required.
- Proven organizational, time management and sound decision making skills required. Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position. Ability to safeguard Alberta Health Services information as private and confidential.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Access and proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel programs an asset.
- Ability to be a solid listener who goes out of their way to explain and resolve any concerns or problems presented within the department with the understanding that every individual has a different personality.
- Flexible, reliable and dependable. Proven organizational skills. Able to work closely with others and accept supervision and constructive criticism. Courteous, mature, diplomatic, shows initiative.
- Ability to provide a positive and friendly approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and within a team, effectively managing his or her time and setting priorities when faced with multiple tasks and deadlines over a period of time. Proven ability to cope with stress and deadlines in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire. Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Until approx. May 29, 2013
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).