Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
Intensive Care Unit
2012-11-16 Competition closes at 1600 hours
5 (7.75 hour) shifts per 1 week cycle (days)
This position is classified as a M2-2. Minimum: $84,750 annually. Maximum: $127,250 annually.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Nursing plus eligible for registration/licensure with CARNA.
- A minimum of 5 - 8 years in an experience in combined front-line/management positions in health care. Preference will be given to candidates with experience on intensive care units.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
- In addition, the incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
- Progressive leadership experience in an acute care environment, including 5 years experience in a management role in acute care operations
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues. Ability to manage human, financial and physical resources within an operating environment
- Proven ability to foster partnerships and to achieve organizational goals within an organization and ideally managing within a unionized sector.
- Strong track record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective leadership abilities combined with a strong commitment to operating within a team environment and the ability to motivate and inspire other to achieve common goals.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to plan, organize and manage short and long term plans and projects and deliver customer-focused results.
- Ability to foster a climate of cooperation amongst, and build solid relationships with public agencies, government, committees and other partners
- Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position. Ability to safeguard AHS information as private and confidential.
- Ability to follow and adhere to AHS policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).