Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Working Leader - Service Worker
Temporary Part Time
Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
2012-11-14 Competition closes at 1600 hours
8 (7.75hour) shifts per 4 week cycle (days) (0.5 FTE)
$21.21 - $23.39 per hour
Under limited supervision by the Unit Manager, Surgical Suite, the Working Leader/Surgical Processor is responsible for ordering and maintaining the inventory of supplies needed within the surgical suite. The position is also responsible for adding sterile supplies onto case carts using preference cards and completion of other duties as requested. This position requires frequent moderate/heavy lifting and ability to remain standing for long periods of time.
- Grade XII or Canadian equivalent required. Medical Terminology required. Knowledge of principles of asepsis required.
- Computer skills required. Certificate in Central Sterile Processing or equivalent required. 5 year current work experience as a Surgical Processor.
- Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect
- Proven time management, organizational and sound decision making skills required
- Proven initiative and motivation required. Previous working experience in a surgical suite preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical supplies/instruments and handling of same. Ability to communicate effectively. In a personal and courteous manner
- Flexible, reliable and dependable. Ability to safeguard Alberta Health Services information as private and confidential.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision. Ability to learn and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and within a team, effectively manage their time and setting priorities when faced with multiple tasks and deadlines over a period of time.
- Ability to perform the physical duties as outlined on the physical demand statement (PDS) for the position required.
- Performs other related duties while following organization policies and procedures, goals and objectives.
- Must have a recent (within the past three months) criminal record check/police information check (including vulnerable sector search) prior to the first date of hire.
- Must have acquired AHS immunizations within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
Until approx. July 1, 2013
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via FAX at (403) 502-8272
All applications much include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources prior to 4:00 pm (16:00 hours) of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).