Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Lead, Clinical Projects, Zone Integration & Clinical Standards
Regular Full Time
(CORP)COMM TREATMENT INITIATIV
2012-12-05 Time: 23:59
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Clinical Standards, this position is responsible for advancing and coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical projects, including clinical standards and clinical pathways, for Addiction and Mental Health services. This position will work directly with the zones to implement clinical projects by facilitating zone leadership and frontline clinicians in adapting the information to local conditions. The incumbent is required to provide a high standard of interpersonal communication and demonstrate flexibility and initiative.
This position will coordinate and conduct the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical projects; conduct appraisals and syntheses of best practices, and complete reviews and analyses of the evidence that will support development; apply service design, change management and process improvement principles to a clinical project and use various tools and models for project management. The position will also facilitate local adaptation of clinical projects at identified pilot sites and develop and implement evaluation frameworks/plans that align with AHS and Alberta Health requirements. Through knowledge transfer activities this position will also provide interpretation, presentation and dissemination of research, innovation and evidence in formats appropriate for the topic or issue and end users, in addition to facilitating the education of frontline clinicians to advance professional competencies and support the delivery of evidence-informed care.
Please note that this is a provincial position. The location of this position is negotiable.
Salary/Benefits: This position is classified as a P3-1. Minimum $ 65,250.00 to maximum $ 98,000.00 annually.
The incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
· Broad knowledge of health care, preferably addiction and mental health.
· Practical experience in strategic planning, leadership, project management, quality improvement, and evaluation.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other team members from other areas of expertise across the province and beyond Alberta Health Services (AHS).
· Effective communication with strong organizational skills, client-focused orientation and commitment to providing quality programs/services.
· Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and experience with facilitating and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
· Ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues.
· Proven ability to foster partnerships and to achieve organizational goals within diverse organizations and communities.
· Ability to foster a climate of cooperation amongst, and builds solid relationships with public agencies, government, boards, committees, and other partners.
Education / Experience
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, plus appropriate licenses and designations are required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in healthcare, preferably within the fields of addiction and/or mental health services.
· Minimum of 2 years leadership, program management, or project management experience.
· A demonstrated clear pattern of progressive professional and personal development.
· Equivalencies of education and experience will be considered.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).