Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Unit Clerk - Marion/Malmo House
Cent. Ctr for MH and Brain Inj
CZ PNK CNTLCTR AD Psych Malmo
2014-05-13 Time: 23:59
Minimum: 23.77 per hour Maximum: 28.91 per hour
Within the Adult Inpatient Program, the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program at the Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury provides care and treatment for those individuals experiencing a severe and persistent mental illness to support recovery. You will be working within a client centered treatment approach, working within a psychosocial rehabilitation philosophy. You will also ensure effective operation of the unit when assuming designated responsibilities and contribute to the learning experience of students, staff and patients. Reporting to a Unit Manager, you work in alignment with Alberta Health Services bylaws, policies and procedures to provide clerical, receptionist and general office management duties associated with a psychosocial rehabilitation patient care unit(s). Your responsibilities will include: general reception, compiling relevant patient documentation, ensuring daily staffing compliment according to unit algorithms, verifying staffing details for payroll, entering and tracking patient and staff statistical data, typing a wide variety of correspondence, and utilizing various computer programs and database reports to retrieve data. You will liaise with other units/departments, maintain patient charts, unit files and inventory, and undertake other tasks as required.
- The successful candidate has demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), is independent, well-organized and able to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Your ability to maintain composure and client-centered focus, while adapting to rapidly changing needs and demands is essential.
- You are proficient in use of computers and relevant programs and applications.
- A Unit Clerk certificate (with practicum component) from a recognized post secondary institution is preferred.
- Experience working on a psychiatric adult inpatient unit is desirable.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).