Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Lab Assistant Medical - Chemistry
Regular Part Time
Red Deer Regional Hospital
CZ RD REG HOSP CL Chemistry
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2012-12-06 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 21.16 per hour Maximum: 26.38 per hour
Reports to the Supervisor of the Biochemistry department., the Medical Laboratory Assistant performs specified technical functions as required by the Biochemistry Department. These functions include the performance of automated, manual and Microscopic urinalysis. The performance of maintenance, troubleshooting, supply management, handling, processing and dispatching specimens and other duties as defined in the job description.
· Minimum grade 12 education.
· Proficient with English language.
· Graduation from a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) Certificate Program or equivalent. Candidates with qualifications in a related field may qualify for equivalency.
· Experience and proficient in performing automated, manual and microscopic urinalysis.
· Computer proficiency.
· Keyboarding skills (25-30 wpm).
· TDG certificate, WHMIS training.
· Working knowledge of current LIS and HIS.
Skills and Abilities:
· Proven interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent public relations and a service-oriented manner.
· Proven analytic and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work rapidly with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to work in stressful situations.
· Ability to recognize and maintain confidential information.
· Logical/methodical work habits and demonstrated ability to work independently.
· Well organized and flexible.
· Extensive walking, bending and standing is required or this job.
· Receptive to new ideas and change.
· Develop and maintain collaborative relationships.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).