Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Emergency Medical Technician-Ambulance/Paramedic
Temporary Full Time
Red Earth EMS Station
Emergency Medical Services
Health Sciences Association of Alberta
2012-11-28 Time: 23:59
Approximately May 31, 2013
Hours per Shift: 12 hours
Shifts per Cycle: 28 Shifts
Length of Shift Cycle: 8 weeks
Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends (On-call/core flex shifts required. Reports to Peace River EMS Operations Supervisor)
$25.36 - $32.02 per hour (EMT – A)*
$31.64 - $41.25 per hour (Paramedic)*
*Remote Retention Allowance: In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Reporting to the Operational Supervisor Northwest Operations of the Peace Regional EMS Station, the EMT/or Paramedic is responsible to work with other personnel providing such services as: public education, special events and industrial standby, vehicle extrication, as well as response to and treatment and transport of the sick and injured. Methods of providing this response and care may include responding and transporting by aircraft, ground ambulance, and other modes of transport as required. In addition, the successful candidate shall participate in further education as required and perform other related duties. This position requires the successful candidate to work with E.M.T.-Ps, E.M.T.-As, and E.M.R.s as partners in the provision of such services and care. Full living accommodations are provided at each station while on shift.
Current registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics. Preference will be give to a paramedic or paramedic student.
Possess a current Alberta Class 4 Drivers License.
Possess current CPR certification, ACLS, PALS, and ITLS certifications preferred.
A current and original Criminal Record Check is a requirement of all external applicants in order to be considered for a position.
• Work or be on-call various shifts, including weekends;
• Respond quickly and efficiently to emergency calls when scheduled to be on-call;
• Drive or attend on long distance inter-hospital transfers;
• Provide assessment and treatment within the Paramedic scope of practice.
• Work various shifts including stand-bys and other duties as may be assigned;
• Ensure ambulance vehicles are cleaned and stocked after each call and according to cleaning/inventory schedule; reporting any mechanical or equipment deficiencies;
• Safely accomplish lifts/transfers of patients with appropriate use of equipment
• Effectively communicate both written and verbally
• Comply with AHS EMS policies and procedures
• Prior to commencement applicants must provide a clear, current Criminal Record check and current driver’s abstract.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via Fax: (780) 402-8104
All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources no later than midnight of the closing date.
We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).