Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Regular Full Time
AMHB Strathmore Clinic
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2012-12-07 Time: 23:59
Minimum: 41.44 per hour Maximum: 54.23 per hour
The Clinical Supervisor reports directly to the Clinical Operations Manager and attends to the day-to day clinical and instrumental tasks associated with the operation of the service.
Provides leadership and works collaboratively with team members, psychiatrists and community partners to provide the highest quality of care to clients. Directs clinical activities of the interdisciplinary team including:
1. Participating in regular individual and team case consultation. (Team specific.)
2. Offering support, guidance and direction to clinical staff with challenging and urgent cases in a timely fashion.
3. Demonstrating clinical competencies through viewed work in each clinic.
4. Supporting staff with student practicum experiences.
5. Acts as a role model and sets the tone for a positive work environment
1. Provides supervision and direction to clinical staff in their delivery of clinical services.
2. Contributes to and participates in the annual performance of clinical staff.
3. Provides clinical supervision to the Strathmore and Chestermere addiction and mental health clinic staff.
4. Participates in regular consultation with Management to review ongoing clinical staff development.
5. Participates with Management in program evaluation and the evolving of standards of care.
6. Ensures the use of best practice standards to promote consistency and quality care.
7. Identifies process gaps and risk management issues and addresses the same, in consultation with Management.
8. Participates in interviewing and hiring of potential clinical staff.
9. Is responsible for providing orientation and training to new clinical staff.
10. Ensures high standards of service delivery through collaborative participation in program development, implementation and evaluation.
11. Participates in a variety of formal and ad hoc committees, as requested.
12. Encourages expanding clinical competencies of interdisciplinary team members through direct provision of varied learning opportunities.
13. Works with team members and others to involve them in offering individual and team learning opportunities.
14. Review and sign off on client files during treatment reviews.
The Clinical Supervisor maintains and develops his/her own professional clinical and supervisory competencies through participation in a variety of learning opportunities such as seminars, workshops, and conferences.
A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work or Psychology and additional credentials, as appropriate. A minimum of 5 years in Addiction and Mental Health ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity (healthcare experience an asset). A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development. Significant clinical experience and/or clinical supervisory experience Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
In addition, the incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others Demonstrated ability to manage change Proven ability to foster partnerships and to achieve organizational goals within an organization and ideally managing within a unionized sector. Strong track record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Effective leadership abilities combined with a strong commitment to operating within a team environment and the ability to motivate and inspire other to achieve common goals. Excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to foster a climate of cooperation amongst, and build solid relationships with public agencies, government, committees and other partners Registration with professional college and reliable vehicle, as travel is required.
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).