Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Registered Nurse - Diabetes Clinic
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
Regular Part Time
2013-04-30 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 34.31 per hour Maximum: 45.03 per hour
The Diabetes Clinic Nurse works as part of a mutidisciplinary team of health professionals, providing support to clients and family members in the management of diabetic symptoms and supporting a healthy lifestyle. Duties include the provision of individual and group education, both for individuals with pre-diabetic symptoms and those with a diagnosis. As well, the position acts as a resource to other health professionals and the community.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred and current registration with CARNA is required
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred, or confirmed work toward designation
- Insulin adjustment certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical nursing focused on medical nursing preferred
- Certified BCLS-HCP required
- Member of Diabetes Education Section (DES) of Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA) encouraged
- Advanced clinical knowledge in diabetes, hypertension and dyslipidemia
- Advanced nursing practice, and demonstrated experience and expertise for motivational interviewing, facilitation, education, and group dynamics
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, and collaboratively with clients and team members. Interprofessional collaboration skills required
- Demonstrated ability about how to access and apply research to clinical practice. Demonstrates commitment to professional development
- Experience with project work and quality assurance / evaluation
- Experience in a rural environment preferred
- This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).