Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Social Worker II
Social Worker II
Regular Full Time
PCN Rural - Network Recoveries
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
2012-11-27 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Minimum: 34.40 per hour Maximum: 45.75 per hour
This Alberta Health Services’ Social Worker II position provides services within the communities of Strathmore. The social worker will be responsible for assessment, counselling and consultation services for community members and ensures that social work clinical practice is evidence based and meets professional standards of practice. The position involves provision of patient and family care, group facilitation and education, consultation and collaboration with health care teams, and other referral and community groups. This position requires the ability to work independently with general review, consultation and evaluation from the Site Manager.
· Completion of a BSW degree or foreign equivalent.
· Eligible for registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW).
· Experience in a health care setting.
· Experience in rural health preferred.
· Demonstrated clinical expertise and competence in dealing with health care issues preferred.
· Experience in working with an adult physically disabled population preferred.
· Experience in working in a collaborative, consultative manner with a varied interdisciplinary team preferred.
· Experience with adult education and group facilitation preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
· Ability to establish positive relationships with a wide variety of clients/families and other care providers.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with various community partners.
· An ability to organize activities and set priorities.
· Must be able to work with health care providers and clients/families at various stages of illness and rehabilitation.
· Considerable initiative and ability to work independently and prioritize.
· Strong critical thinking skills.
· Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle as travel is required.
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).